Who drinks Teeccino?
- Coffee drinkers, who don’t want the acidity and caffeine in decaf, drink “no-caf” Teeccino in the afternoon or evening or blend it with their regular coffee to create their own decaf.
- People who are motivated by a health condition to avoid caffeine and acidity completely.
- Families who want to enjoy a whole pot of Teeccino together; Kids love sharing a “grown-up” drink!
- Pregnant and nursing mothers who need to avoid caffeine.
- Postum lovers and tea drinkers who can steep Teeccino Tee-bags for freshly brewed flavor that is superior to instants.
Recommended by Experts
Natural health experts like Teeccino. Read more….
How to Brew Teeccino.
Tips and techniques. Read more….
7 Great Reasons To Go Caffeine Free
1. Caffeine Sensitivity
If you suspect you are caffeine sensitive, the best test is to completely eliminate caffeine from your diet. If the symptoms that are bothering you disappear, you’re among the 20% who should learn to avoid caffeinated beverages and coffee flavored foods.
2. Weight Loss
- Caffeine elevates stress hormones. People tend to eat when feeling stressed and this thwarts their diet goals.
- Caffeine triggers hypoglycemia and increases appetite. Weight loss diets are designed to achieve stable blood sugar without insulin spikes. Caffeine raises blood sugar, which can result in subsequent low blood sugar that drives people to eat high fat, refined carbohydrate foods to get a quick energy boost.
- Caffeine aggravates Insulin Resistance Syndrome. Obesity, high blood pressure, elevated cholesterol and cellular insensitivity to insulin are part of a syndrome that can lead to the development of Type 2 diabetes. Caffeine contributes to insulin resistance and impairs glucose tolerance. 41 million Americans are considered to be pre-diabetic and are advised to adapt healthy lifestyle and dietary habits to avoid progressing to type 2 diabetes.
3. Health Crisis
- Heart disease including high blood pressure, high cholesterol and high inflammatory indicators like homocysteine
- Acid reflux and GERD
- Women’s health problems such as PMS, menopausal symptoms, infertility, fibrocystic breasts, and osteoporosis
- Diabetes and Insulin Resistance Syndrome
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Crohn’s Disease and Colitis
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Sleeplessness and fatigue
- Mood disorders and depression
- Migraine headaches
4. Pregnancy & Nursing
Caffeine crosses the placental barrier and affects fetal development. Caffeine also can decrease fertility, which can be crucial for couples with infertility problems. Caffeine is rapidly incorporated into breast milk and can be detected in breast milk even days after the mother has ingested it. Health care professionals advise pregnant and nursing women to avoid caffeine to protect their babies’ health.
5. Aging & Stress
Many people’s tolerance for caffeine changes as they turn 40 or 50. The adrenal glands’ production of DHEA, the hormone responsible for anabolic metabolism or rebuild and repair activity as well as the production of sex hormones, declines sharply after the age of 40. The production of cortisol, the primary stress hormone, increases inversely to the decline of DHEA. Elevated levels of cortisol accelerate aging symptoms including skin wrinkling, loss of muscle and increased fat gain, and feelings of anxiety and stress. People who want to slow the aging process, boost their DHEA production, and decrease their stress are advised to eliminate caffeine from their diet.
6. Sleep & Mood Disturbance
Caffeine can interfere with sleep either by causing insomnia or by shortening the duration and depth of sleep. People metabolize caffeine at different rates and the sleep of some people can still be affected even though they last consumed caffeine 8 – 12 hours before sleep. Women on birth control pills and people taking pharmaceutical drugs metabolize caffeine much more slowly because caffeine and drugs both have to be detoxified in the liver. Anyone experiencing sleep problems should try eliminating caffeine from their diet as part of a program to restore restful sleep.
Anxiety, nervousness, irritability, and impatience can all be aggravated by caffeine. Depression can result as a withdrawal symptom from an absence of caffeine in caffeine addicted individuals. People can be unaware of the effect of caffeine on their mood until family members of co-workers complain of their caffeine driven behavior. People with mood disturbances may find that nutritional and herbal support during caffeine weaning will help re-balance their brain chemistry and relieve the symptoms of depression.
7. The Pursuit of Optimal Health
The ultimate reasons to live a caffeine-free life is to pursue optimal health. Ingesting a drug on a habitual daily basis simply doesn’t support that goal. Drugs are invaluable when they are needed to produce a result or relieve a symptom as quickly as possible. Caffeine is a great stimulant when you need it on an occasional basis. Driving late at night or instantly achieving alertness when sleep deprived are both excellent times to use caffeine as a drug. Opening the bronchial passages during an asthmatic attack is another good time to use caffeine for its short-term effect on the bronchia. However, health problems arise when caffeine becomes a crutch for maintaining a stress driven lifestyle on a daily basis. Bodies need a balance of rest and activity along with superior nutrition in order to maintain optimal health. The habitual consumption of caffeine thwarts the goal of optimal health and therefore, health educators and longevity specialists recommend that you reduce or eliminate caffeine from your diet in order to rebuild and maintain optimal health.
Source: Teeccino Caffe, Inc.
Here are a few of the natural health experts who recommend Teeccino:
“If you want a good tasting, natural, healthy caffeine-free drink, then I suggest Teeccino. We enjoy it at our home.” -Bernie S. Siegal, M.D., author of Love, Medicine & Miracles and Peace, Love & Healing
“Teeccino is the best tasting coffee substitute I’ve tried, and good for you, too.” -John McDougall, M.D., author of The McDougall Plan and The McDougall Program-12 Days to Dynamic Health
“I recently made a discovery – Teeccino – and it is the best coffee substitute I’ve tasted. It is delicious and makes great caffeine-free cappuccinos and lattes.” -Andrew Weil, M.D., author of Natural Health, Natural Medicine and Eating Well For Optimal Health
“One of my favorite drinks is a dark brew made from herbs, grains, fruits and nuts known as Teeccino. It’s a completely satisfying warm drink that gives me as much pleasure as coffee.” -Christiane Northrup, M.D., author of The Wisdom of Menopause and Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom
“If you are a heavy coffee drinker (having more than two cups per day), here is what I suggest: Replace it with Teeccino herbal coffees, which give you the taste and feel of the real McCoy.” -Ann Louise Gittleman, M.S., C.N.S., author of The Fat Flush Plan
“What coffee drinkers really want is deep, full-bodied flavor, a true natural energy lift, and to keep his or her same brewing ritual. I get all of that from Teeccino Herbal Coffee. Its flavor is satisfying to coffee drinkers who simply aren’t content with leafy, watery tea.” -Stephen Cherniske, M.S., author of Caffeine Blues and The Metabolic Plan
“Try Teeccino Herbal Coffee; It’s fantastic hot or iced. Make this your healthy new addiction and you can cut out the coffee consequences to bones, blood sugar levels and adrenals. I serve Teeccino at all of my seminars and everyone loves it!” -Kat James, author of The Truth About Beauty
Source: Teeccino Caffe, Inc.
Teeccino Lovers Speak
“I wanted to thank everyone at the Teeccino company for making such a fantastic product!!!! I’ve tried to quit coffee many times before and never succeeded until now because I really missed that coffee flavor. Coffee isn’t even an issue for me now. I get all the coffee flavor I need from the Teeccino products. I’ve tried….I love them all. I’ve also never had this much energy before. I will pass the word along about your products. Thanks again so very much!!!” -L.G.
“Thanks so much for making a wonderful product. Your delicious Teeccino blends have helped me conquer a lifelong coffee-drinking habit, which I’ve been trying to kick for over 10 year. Thank you so much! " -C.S. Marina Del Rey, CA
“Teeccino makes me feel like I’m part of the social scene. Now I have something to drink and so do my kids!” -S.S., Santa Barbara, CA
“Thank you so much for Teeccino. I made my first cappuccino with condensed goat milk yesterday – it was fantastic hot and cold!! God bless you. I am allergic to most everything. Your product is so delicious & pure & perfect. I can work all day with no fear of health problems all the while sipping Teeccino!” -C.G.M., Alameda, CA
“Let me express my unbounded gratitude for your product. I’ve tried seemingly zillions of “fake coffees” only to be disappointed. Herb teas are swell, but they get boring. And I have never in my life been a coffee drinker. Teeccino is astonishing. I keep reading the label to see what forbidden ingredient must be in it to make it so satisfying. My fiancee and I look at one another and ask" How do they do it?" (He is a coffee drinker.) I hope you have a great marketing plan because everyone who should know about this. Thanks, thanks, thanks for inventing something truly wonderful." -M.S., Chamblee, GA
“I have been completely “decaffed” for over 2 years but unwilling to give up the morning coffee flavor. Even decaf has too much caffeine which gives me a dopey headed feeling and keeps my young baby from sleeping through the night. What an excellent surprise I got from my mother-in-law when I tried your product. I was very skeptical as to the palatability of another pretend coffee product. Not to steal a worn line but not only did it taste good, but Teeccino is good for you! " -M.C., Jacksonville, OR
“Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you for developing such a wonderful product! I’ve always loved coffee drinks, but I have a serious reactions to caffeine (even decaf sets it off). I haven’t had a coffee drink in over 3 years (when I finally decided it wasn’t worth it.) Now it’s great to be able to have a latte again! Please keep making Teeccino – I’ll keep buying it!” -G.F., San Mateo, CA
“I was the best customer of the first espresso bar in Seattle. Teeccino has revolutionized my life.! I could never give up my cappuccino daily ritual and now I don’t have to. I have my whole family drinking Teeccino including my father who has to give up coffee because of his heart. " -K.L.G., Friday Harbor, WA
“Never before have I written to a company thanking them for a product. Never before have I so enjoyed a new natural food that attempts to replace an addictive not-so-natural food. I wanted to get off the “caffeine-carousel” for quite some time when I came across your advertisement in Delicious Magazine. I ran out and bought a can and am happily beginning my withdrawal from caffeine. Teeccino is everything you touted it to be – delicious, rich, thick, a little sweet, and oh-so satisfying! I sure hope your business is doing well because I have developed a new addiction – Teeccino." -J.W., San Luis Obispo, CA
“Just a short note to say thank you for your wonderful product. I thank you and my doctors thank you!! This is the only product on the market that has been able to finally break the coffee habit for me. I was down to one cup a day but I would not give that up for love nor money…and somehow Teeccino inadvertently found its way into my life and solved all my problems. It is wonderful “stuff” and I don’t know what I’d do without it at this point." -H.R., Novato, CA
Source: Teeccino Caffe, Inc.
How to Brew Teeccino
Tips and techniques
- Always adjust quantities of Teeccino to your own preference. Just like coffee, some people like it strong while others prefer it weaker. Experiment by making several cups of Teeccino at different strengths to find the quantity that is perfect for you.
- Drip coffee makers brew Teeccino best with a “gold” or permanent filter. Paper filters tend to brew slowly because the composite grind in herbal coffee may have some fine particles that can clog the paper. Permanent gold filters save trees and produce a better flavored brew because paper filters absorbs some flavor. Gold filters are easy to rinse clean and are available for both cone and flat bottom coffee makers. Once you switch to gold filters, you’ll never again run out of filters!
- Drink Teeccino the same way you enjoy coffee. You may like it black or with milk, non-dairy milk or half & half if that is how you normally enjoy coffee. Taste Teeccino first before adding sweetener. Teeccino is naturally sweet from dates and figs so you may not need additional sweetener.
Drip Coffee Makers:
Strong: Add 1 rounded tablespoon for every 2 cups of water to a permanent gold or paper filter. Medium: Add 1 level tablespoon for every 2 cups of water. Light: Add 1 teaspoon for every 2 cups water.
SwissGold One-Cup Brewer:
1. Put 1 rounded tablespoon into the filter chamber for a 10-12 oz cup. 2. Insert the inner chamber and place the brewer on top of cup. 3. Fill the inner chamber with boiling water and allow 30 seconds to drip into the cup. 4. Add milk and/or sweetner as desired.
French Press In a French Press:
1. Add 1-2 tablespoons to “3-cup” pots, 3-4 tablespoons to “8-cup” pots, 5-6 tablespoons to “12-cup” pots. 2. Pour in boiling water. Let steep for 5 minutes before pressing the plunger down. 3. Pour and enjoy!
Brew Teeccino twice as strong as usual (2 T per 2 cups water). Pour the hot liquid into a glass filled with ice and 1/4 cup cold milk. Sweeten with maple syrup or liquid stevia. You’ll feel re-energized and ready to tackle the rest of your day!
Source: Teeccino Caffe, Inc.