Happy Talk about Enjoy Life Foods
- “Dear Enjoy Life Foods, Oooohhhh… you have no idea what you’ve done by creating these chocolate bars! Our son Nathan is allergic to wheat, peanuts and tree nuts, eggs and all dairy, recently outgrowing soy. Needless to say, the time in the kitchen is sometimes overwhelming. Praises for your gifts of happiness and for giving us a sense of normalcy for him. His big sister is just as excited as we are. Thank you for making people smile with all of your delicious products.” The Greers
- “Dear Enjoy Life Foods, Let me start by saying that I absolutely love your snack bars. I buy at least a box each week, and eat at least one almost every day – at snack times, as well as for dessert, at lunch and dinner, all the time. I’d like to thank you for making such great products.” Anonymous
- “Dear Enjoy Life Foods, Enjoy Life has changed my life for the better. Every day, Enjoy Life gives me something to eat. Fron the Mountain Mumbo to the bars, Enjoy Life makes life enjoyable. This is one company that I can trust since I have 7 out of 8 common allergies! Thanks Enjoy Life for making products that I can adore and not worry about!!” Elyse
- “Dear Enjoy Life Foods, After 40 years of being allergic to everything and I mean everything in this world, it is wonderful to find a company that makes life a little easier. I have severe food allergies. I appreciate your hard work in creating snacks I don’t have to think about how much I can intake before a reaction!! My son is also allergic and now life is a little bit easier.” Kim
Source: Enjoy Life.
Clear answers to top questions
Q: Are Enjoy Life products wheat-free or gluten-free?
A: Both! Our foods are made without wheat or any other source of gluten (i.e., barley and rye). We have created a dedicated gluten-free facility where we bake all our own goodies. We require all ingredient suppliers to fill out non-contamination certificates, and we perform routine gluten rapid tests for extra assurance.
Q: Are your foods really nut-free?
A: Yes! Our foods are completely free of nuts. The same cannot be said of our staff…you should meet some the characters that work here! No peanuts or tree nuts enter our dedicated production facility. For extra security, we perform peanut rapid tests to ensure the highest levels of safety and quality.
Q: Are your foods dairy-free?
A: You betcha, all of our products are dairy-free, including dairy sugars (lactose) and dairy protein (casein) so people with lactose or casein allergies/intolerances can eat freely! Our chocolate chips are produced for us in a dedicated gluten-free and nut-free facility. These chips are also dairy-free and soy-free, although they are produced in a plant that processes dairy. For this reason we test down to 2.5 parts per million for dairy to ensure the highest levels of safety and quality.
Q: Are your foods lactose-free?
A: Yes, all of our products are lactose-free, meaning that they don’t contain any dairy sugars (lactose). By the way, they are also casein-free, meaning that they don’t contain any dairy proteins either.
Q: Are your foods casein-free?
A: Yes, all of our products are casein-free. You can rest easy knowing that all our ingredients are additionally tested for casein, so we can be certain that our products are truly free of all dairy sugars. They are also gluten-free, so Enjoy Life foods are suitable for a GFCF diet too.
Q: Are all of your products made in a dedicated nut-free facility?
A: Absolutely! We wouldn’t have it any other way!
Q: Are all of your products made in a dedicated dairy-free facility?
A: All of our products, with the exception of our semi-sweet chocolate chips, are made in a dedicated dairy-free facility. Our semi-sweet chocolate chips are produced in a facility that also processes dairy; however, our chocolate chips are produced on a dedicated dairy-free line. All ingredients are additionally tested to ensure strict allergen control standards are met.
Q: Are your products corn free?
A: Enjoy Life products do not claim to be corn-free. Having said that, we want Enjoy Life customers to have as much information as possible regarding our ingredients. The powdered evaporated cane juice in 2 of our Boom Choco Boom bars (Dairy-Free Rice Milk Bar and Dairy-Free Rice Milk with Crispy Rice Bar) contain less than 1% corn starch as a processing aid. This product is labeled ‘may contain traces of corn’. Natural flavors are often derived from corn alcohol. Three of our natural flavors: vanilla, caramel and berry are derived from corn alcohol. Our supplier guarantees all corn protein is removed in the distillation process and considers them to be corn-free. Also, the citric acid in our Very Berry Crunch Granola is derived from corn, again the fermentation process removes the corn protein. We always encourage people to make a choice based on their own comfort level with these ingredients.
Source: Enjoy Life.
Tips for Allergies Moms and Dads
Read tips & hints for Back to School
- If you haven’t done so already, it’s not too late to talk to your child’s teacher and school administrators about your child’s food allergies. It’s best to start with a letter from your child’s allergist explaining the allergies and any restrictions.
- Using the recommendations from your child’s allergist, create a Food Allergy Action Plan(FAAP), or Individual Health Care Plan (IHCP) to document your child’s allergies and how your child needs to be treated for allergic reactions.
- Find out if your state and/or school district has a food allergy policy. If so, you may still need to add other accommodations to keep your child safe and included. If they do not have a written policy, you will want to work with your child’s teacher and school administrators to determine how your child will be accommodated and how to minimize the risk of exposure to your child.
- Ask to review classroom supplies, including materials for Art and Science projects and find out if the teacher will be using any type of food rewards.
- There is often much more food at school than most adults realize. Discuss how your child can be kept safe and included during snack time, lunchtime, birthday celebrations, classroom parties, field trips, assemblies or school wide activities.
- There must always be an adult trained in recognizing and treating allergic reactions available to assist your child. Make sure that your child’s medicine is quickly accessible in an unlocked location.
- An anaphylaxis drill is a terrific idea for training others in an emergency where quick action can save lives. Emergency procedures for areas outside the classroom such as recess, the bus ride and field trips should also be discussed and agreed upon.
- Some parents like to send in a “safe snack” box for their child in the event that an unsafe treat is being served to the other students. You can keep safe candies, like Enjoy life chocolate bars, cookies and a few safe juice boxes there for these occasions.
- Better yet, encourage snacks and treats that allow all children to be served and included. All kids want to be “One of the Gang”!
Source: Enjoy Life.